R&D Tax Credits are a very niche part of the UK tax code that could
bring your company thousands of pounds in tax relief.
Chemicals & Sealants
Advancements in technology and research & development have enabled adhesive, sealants, chemicals and paints industries to progress. New materials and legislative requirements have forced companies in this field to carry out R&D activities.
Examples of eligible R&D activities within the sector include:
- Developing or creating new products or processes
- Improving the quality of a product for quicker application, reducing labouring time
- Meeting new legislative requirements
- Developing products that are cost effective and meet customer demands
- Responding to market demands such as removing / reducing toxic chemicals
- Reducing carbon footprint and developing processes and products to become more energy efficient and reduce wastage
Surface Coating Manufacturer
A leading manufacturer of thermal spraying equipment based in Dudley, West Midlands, have received a total amount of £509,000 in R&D tax credits with the latest claim of £95,000.
As renowned experts in advanced innovative surface coating technology, the company are the only UK developer, manufacturer and worldwide supplier of a full range of metal spraying equipment and consumables.
Research and development is needed for developing new products for the industry and creating bespoke solutions for individual customers. Recognised as an award-winning company and partners of a trusted University, the company have progressed with R&D activities which have been further rewarded by randd and R&D tax credits.