R&D Tax Credits are a very niche part of the UK tax code that could
bring your company thousands of pounds in tax relief.
Cosmetics & Personal Care
Research and development is important for the cosmetics and personal care industries where consumer health and safety is a priority in this highly regulated sector.
Some examples of eligible R&D activities within the Cosmetics & Personal Care sector:
- Creating or developing new products or processes
- Testing products in line with health and safety regulations and strict UK legislation
- Developing complex formulae for products or mixing ingredients that have not been combined before
- Sourcing new ingredients
- Improving cost efficiency and quality of products
- Reducing carbon footprint and developing processes and products to become more energy efficient and reduce wastage
£67,000 in R&D tax credits have been awarded to a company based in Somerset who supply wholly natural, botanical based face, body and hair products to a client base of therapists, spas and more. The leading 100% natural fragrance UK innovator also produce bespoke cosmetic based product ranges for white label through developing cutting-edge bio-technology science-based solutions and progressive formulations.
Research is vital for sourcing many new or unusual ingredients and development is needed to ensure they meet all relevant safety requirements. Virtually every project involves high levels of unique formulae developments which require substantial levels of research and trialling to take from concept stage through to reliable, repeatable production.